Loft Conversions Cornwall are brought to you by A & K Architectural Services; an established family owned practice, offering architectural planning and design services in Cornwall and the South West.
We have a wealth of experience in the design and delivery of loft conversions and extensions having developed from the construction industry.
In house we have experience and qualified knowledge in construction techniques, insulation solutions, plumbing, electrics and renewables as well as a database of trusted builders to ensure your build is delivered to a high standard.
How We Work
Free No Obligation Initial Visit
- We will visit, free of charge and listen.
- Gain a true understanding of what you’re trying to achieve and for what purpose.
- During the visit we can offer budgetary figures for the build costs of conversion
- From this point we can collate the information gathered and provide you with a quotation to include all architectural services to deliver your design.
Work with A & K Architectural Services to produce a scheme
Please follow this link for more information on how the design process works www…?
Send documentation to Building Contractors for Tender
- Select from our trusted building contractors or using your own contacts send drawings and documentation for quotation
- We always advice that who ever is contracted to construct the development that they provide a fixed price quotation
- We can offer documentation to help ensure that the quotations are explicit and included all specifications right down to light switch placements
Select a builder
- From the quotations received it is entirely your decision as to who the elected contractor is
- It is important to consider the relationship with any building firm as well as bottom line cost. Fundamentally the elected contractor will be spending a considerable amount of time within your home and a good working relationship will help ensure a satisfying build.
Project Construction & Completion
- During the construction phase we can offer management services to work with the elected building company to ensure technical and quality issues are resolved Check that the required progress has been made against the documentation used to quote from.
- We can assist to ensure all building control inspections have taken place
- If any issues are found during the build we can work with you to produce a snagging list for the building company to address prior to final payment.
- Finally we can ensure all other required processes and certificates are in place including: Electrical, gas, oil and multi fuel certificates as required.
- This service is invoiced at an hourly rate or as an agreed fixed fee for the project and not as a percentage of build value making this a comparatively inexpensive and cost effective service to ensure your development runs smoothly.